Friday, March 5, 2010

At First Glance

You know those people that you look at and you immediately dislike. You know the one. Maybe they say their vowels all nasally. Or they have a funny nose. You know. That ONE GUY. Who just pisses you off.

I have a free first period. I was sitting in the school cafeteria writing an English paper and sipping on my iced Grande Mocha (with whipped cream). The chairs there are really uncomfortable. I was sitting on the one that squeaked whenever you shifted your weight to the right. Sorry. Unnecessary details.

So anyway. I was talking to this guy about nothing in particular. There was a Math Teacher Convention thing. Where they talk about how great the math program at my high school is. (Which, by the way, SUCKS.)The guy and I happened to fall onto the subject of the Math Convention and the certain person that was running it. The person was THAT ONE GUY. I dunno, they just looked like a douche to me.

One of the staff members of my high school who I'm friends with through the drama department came up to us. She/he smiled and asked me how I was. Having just talked about the person running the Math Convention I told him/her I was fine, but that this person was just pissing me off.

"You know those people that just LOOK like a douche? They're like that."

The staff member looked around and his/her eyes fell on the person running the convention. "Who? That one?"

"Yeah," I said with venom.

"Oh." She/He was quiet for a minute before turning to me and saying. "That is my partner."


...


Oh. My. God.

Oh my God!! Do you realize the magnitude of this situation!?

I didn't even know what to say! I mean, what are the chances that THAT ONE GUY was my friends PARTNER?!?!


Moral of the story. Never ever EVER judge by appearances. I learned this the hard way. Try to learn from my mistake and not put yourself ever EVER in that situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment